15 novembre 2006

 

Andahuaylillas-the less visited southern part

I went to visit some old churches, 17th century. They had some funny mural paintings, showing purgatory to frighten people and keep them on the right path... These were actually the first churches worth visiting. So far nothing was comparable to the churches I visited last year in Minas Gerais, Brasil. Maybe the Portuguese are the better Christians, or maybe just the better architects. ;-)


The church in Huaro dates from 1610 and is being restored


ArchiCad Hintergrundbild - Stormy Sky ;-) for insiders.....


Looks really frightening ;-) Los reyes catolicos imposing their
religion!


The guardian walked up to me and said: No pictures...but
you give me 5 Soles, you take as many pictures you want. So
I took some pictures and he came along telling me I had
already taken 5 of them.
Only one per sol. This is Peru, I love it! ;-)


Club Social-In Ziiri waers wohl ein GZ!


All you can do is sit and wait! Sometimes I'm really happy
about my 18-200 lens ;-) Even if the result is a bit shaky sometimes!


Plaza de armas Huaro! The Mayor?


The hunchback of Huaro!


Cementerio de Huaro, up on the hill


Streetvendors, nothing for sissy-stomachs!




Comments: Enregistrer un commentaire



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?